Orders can be placed via the basket facility on this web-site and paid for by PayPal, or by contacting us using one of the methods listed in the 'Contact us' section.
Payment can be made to Elmet Images by PayPal, cheque, postal order or cash. Regretably, at the moment it's not possible to make card payments to us, though this is something under review.
P&P general principles:
We charge P&P at cost, and usually
use Royal Mail services, though due to their restrictions, we sometimes use alternative carriers.
Orders will be despatched as soon as cleared funds are in our account.
Our standard P&P rate for the UK
is £5.00, this is added automatically when ordering through the web-site and PayPal. (Overseas purchases, please contact us for a quote)
. If the P&P costs significantly less than £5, we will refund you the balance.
We have a wide range of goods of differing weights and sizes, for some items, you will need to contact us - we will calculate postage on your order depending on your requirements and get back to you. For others, we have listed the price as more than we would charge you at an exhibition to compensate for a higher P&P cost to us - in these cases we have mentioned this in the caption.
Elmet Images Returns Policy
Satisfied customers make good business sense. We aim to give you the sort of service we'd like to receive ourselves.
Full terms and conditions (boring legal stuff which we have to mention):
• You have seven working days after the date of delivery to return the goods for a refund of the purchase price and P&P charges. Unless the goods are faulty, you will need to pay postage back to us. In the unfortunate event that the goods are faulty, then we will refund your return postage.
• Except in the case of faulty goods, items must be received in the same condition as sold – we want to be able to sell them to someone else. Goods where the packaging has been opened may be returned solely at the discretion of Elmet Images and deductions of up to a third of the retail price made to reflect our costs incurred.
• You should insure returned items in case they are lost or damaged in the post as we cannot accept responsibility for such items. You must also let us know asap if you intend to make a return.
• We will replace or refund you any order which is lost or damaged in the post. Valuable items and all specially ordered items are sent recorded delivery. In return for this, we would request that you assist us in making a claim against the carrier by providing us with information and if relevant and possible, photographic evidence.
• Refunds will normally be made in the same form of currency used for the purchase. For example, if the goods were purchased with a credit card, a refund would normally go to that same card. If the purchase was made by personal cheque, we will only issue a refund by mail after 14 days from receipt of the returned goods. (This allows time for the original cheque to clear the bank).
• We reserve the right to keep records of returns by customers for the purpose of detecting any fraudulent or excessive returns. If we believe this is happening or if it might, we reserve the right to refuse to supply such customers.
• Whilst very few of the items we sell are inherently dangerous, they should still be treated with respect and not abused. Given that many items which we sell are delicate, we advise that you handle them carefully and restrict children’s access to them. Hints, tips and suggestions as to how to get the best from our products can be found on our web-site.
• In the event of a dispute, English law and jurisdiction applies.
Your data, GDPR and us:
Unless required by law or in order to fulfill a contract, we will never pass, sell or give your information to third parties. We have to keep certain records to fulfill our administrative and financial obligations, so if you purchase items from this web-site or send us an e-mail asking us something, we'll use and hold your data for this. For web-site purchases, PayPal will act as our agent in using and holding data in order to pass your name, address, e-mail, payment and order details to us. For enquiries via the web-site, you would normally be asked for your name and e-mail, this information is shared with the web-host. Our retention period of specific individuals' data is seven years following the end of the tax year in which an order was processed or an enquiry received. All data held by us which we no longer need to hold will be destroyed by a secure means.
We'll not pester you with generic marketing e-mails and if one of these days we start doing a newsletter, we'll need you to opt-in to receiving this and give you an option to opt-out and/or request your details being deleted.
You may request a copy of information held about you or - subject to our contractual and legal obligations - its correction or deletion.
If you'd like more information about data protection, the Information Commissioner's Office's homepage is here.