Orders can be placed via the basket facility on this web-site and paid for by PayPal, or by contacting us using one of the methods listed in the 'Contact us' section.
Payment can be made to Elmet Images by PayPal, cheque, postal order or cash.
Card payments We have had a number of requests by customers to pay by card and are investigating. Following PayPal's increased charges, this may be cheaper for us and if it is, we will pass this on to you.
P&P general principles:
We charge P&P at cost, and usually use Royal Mail services, though due to their restrictions, we sometimes use alternative carriers.
Orders will be despatched as soon as cleared funds are in our account.
Our standard P&P rate for the UK is £5.00, this is added automatically when ordering through the web-site and PayPal. (overseas purchases, please contact us for a quote). If the P&P costs significantly less than £5, we will refund you the balance.
We have a wide range of goods of differing weights and sizes, for some items, you will need to contact us - we will calculate postage on your order depending on your requirements and get back to you. For others, we have listed the price as more than we would charge you at an exhibition to compensate for a higher P&P cost to us - in these cases we have mentioned this in the caption.
Elmet Images Returns Policy
Satisfied customers make good business sense. We aim to give you the sort of service we'd like to receive ourselves.
Full terms and conditions (boring legal stuff which we have to mention):
• You have seven working days after the date of delivery to return the goods for a refund of the purchase price and P&P charges. Unless the goods are faulty, you will need to pay postage back to us. In the unfortunate event that the goods are faulty, then we will refund your return postage.
• Except in the case of faulty goods, items must be received in the same condition as sold – we want to be able to sell them to someone else. Goods where the packaging has been opened may be returned solely at the discretion of Elmet Images and deductions of up to a third of the retail price made to reflect our costs incurred.
• You should insure returned items in case they are lost or damaged in the post as we cannot accept responsibility for such items. You must also let us know asap if you intend to make a return.
• We will replace or refund you any order which is lost or damaged in the post. Valuable items and all specially ordered items are sent recorded delivery. In return for this, we would request that you assist us in making a claim against the carrier by providing us with information and if relevant and possible, photographic evidence.
• Refunds will normally be made in the same form of currency used for the purchase. For example, if the goods were purchased with a credit card, a refund would normally go to that same card. If the purchase was made by personal cheque, we will only issue a refund by mail after 14 days from receipt of the returned goods. (This allows time for the original cheque to clear the bank).
• We reserve the right to keep records of returns by customers for the purpose of detecting any fraudulent or excessive returns. If we believe this is happening or if it might, we reserve the right to refuse to supply such customers.
• Whilst very few of the items we sell are inherently dangerous, they should still be treated with respect and not abused. Given that many items which we sell are delicate, we advise that you handle them carefully and restrict children’s access to them. Hints, tips and suggestions as to how to get the best from our products can be found on our web-site.
• In the event of a dispute, English law and jurisdiction applies.
Our current mail-order and business address is: Elmet Images, c/o Bolton Abbey Station, Bolton Abbey, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 6AF. Please note that this is strictly a mail-order address; we are not able to accept personal callers without appointments. If you wish to speak to us, our phone numbers and e-mail are in the contact us section.